Appointments: Call or text 937.245.7200.
Business Fax: 937.245.7922
Patient Fax: 1.866.644.1883
What Is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
A patient-centered medical home integrates patients as active participants in their own health and well-being. Patients are cared for by a personal physician who leads the medical team that coordinates all aspects of preventive, acute and chronic needs of patients using the best available evidence and appropriate technology. These relationships offer patients comfort, convenience and optimal health throughout their lifetime.
If Every Ohioan Had a Medical Home…*
You would have:
- A personal primary care physician and a medical office team that provides for your care
- Ease of making doctor’s appointments with shorter waits and same day scheduling of appointments for those things that cannot wait
- Convenient consultations resulting from enhanced communication options (for example, e-mail and telephone interaction)
- Appointments and services that fit your schedule
- Access to health information technology, electronic health records and clinical information systems that eliminate duplicative services and tests
- Easy access to lab and test results
- A collaborative partnership with your physician to maintain good health and avoid sickness
- Patient education that allows you to make better informed decisions on recommended treatments and helps you follow your treatment plan successfully
- Health reminders and assistance with self-care and counseling.
*From the Ohio Coalition of Primary Care Physicians
Does This Sound Good to You?
If you are a patient with Wright State Physicians Family Medicine, you may have noticed that some of these practices are already in place, such as use of electronic health records, or the way your doctor collaborates with you toward your healthcare goals. Our doctors are working toward patient-centered medical Home certification for all of our healthcare facilities, beginning with the new Wright State Physicians Health Center located on Wright State’s campus.