Wright State Physicians Geriatrics provides comprehensive, expert geriatric care for older adults. While family physicians, general internists and others provide care for many older adults — and do it very well — geriatricians focus on the relationship between managing diseases and maintaining function and quality of life. Our physicians are specially trained to treat older adults who have Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, falls, heart disease, incontinence, Parkinson’s disease, stroke or any other conditions that affect their quality of life.
Links to Geriatrics and Aging Information
- Administration on Aging
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Geriatrics Society
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Gerontological Society of America
DEMENIA SUPPORT AND EDUCATION
- Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline: 800.272.3900
HELP AT HOME
- Area Agency on Aging (SW Ohio): 937.341.3000 Opt. 1
- Greene County Council on Aging: 937.376.5486
- Clark County United Senior Services: 937.323.4948
- Artemis Center: 937.461.4357
- Adult Protective Services (Montgomery CO.): 937.225.4906
- Alzheimer’s Association Military Task Force: 800.272.3900
- Veterans Administration Benefits Info: 877.222.8387
- Caregiver Support Line: 937.268.6511 x2858
FINDING A MEDICARE PLAN
- OSHIIP: 800.686.1578
OHIO LIBRARY FOR BLINDAND DISABLED
RADIO READING PROGRAM
LONG TERM CARE OMBUDSMAN
SENIOR ASSESSMENT GERIATRIC EVALUATION
TAKE STEPS TOWARDS DIAGNOSIS, TREATMENT AND RESOURCES
The SAGE Clinic is for those 65 years and older, addressing quality of life, and older adult-related issues.
It involves a two-step process completed by the Wright State Physicians inter-professional team providing patients and family diagnoses, recommendations on treatment, and resources. Patients accepted by referral from their medical provider or by self-referral.
All home and clinic visits are conducted under the strictest COVID-19 precautions, as recommended by the State of Ohio and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.