Wright State Physicians is committed to provide outstanding care in the safest clinical environment possible. Effective immediately we are implementing visitor / patient-escort restrictions that will help limit the community spread of COVID-19, minimizing exposure to our patients and safeguarding the Dayton’s healthcare workforce – the doctors, nurses, and other healthcare personnel – who are essential in the response to COVID-19.
Visitor / patient-escort restrictions for COVID-19 have been developed with the support of Greater Dayton Area Hospital Association’s (GDAHA) COVID-19 Taskforce and input from our region’s infection control experts. Visitors and patient-escorts are defined as anyone who may accompany patients to seek care at any Wright State Physicians location.
The Wright State Physician COVID-19 visitor /escort restriction policy is:
- No visitors/escorts who are ill with seasonal flu or COVID-19 symptoms including: shortness of breath, coughing, fever, chills, headache, vomiting, sore throat, muscle aches or diarrhea should attend patient visits.
- No visitation or escorts by anyone under the age of 14. Minor patients will continue to be seen.
- Patients who are
minors require a chaperone- please send a well person.
- OB patients may have one birth support person attend their visit with them as long as they are well.
- Surgical or procedural patients may have one visitor/escort, as long as they are well.
- Patients who require assistance due to mobility, interpretation or healthcare decision making may have one assistance person as long as they are well.
- When accompanying a patient, visitors will be asked to primarily remain in the room with the patient.
Exceptions for extenuating circumstances may be made by our clinic leadership. COVID-19 screening protocol is in place for all people entering our building at this time. A temperature check is required. Community spread of COVID-19 is a significant concern as the number of cases in Ohio continues to increase. We thank you for your support to keep everyone safe during this time.